|DATES FOR DIARY|
|Friday 15 July||Last day of summer term.|
|Monday 5 September||First day of autumn term.|
THIS WEEK WE HAVE ENJOYED….
- Fun and games outside – at last the weather has been consistent, enabling us to spend longer periods of time outside.
- The Primary School children joined us on Wednesday and built an obstacle course outside. It was great fun and quite a challenge to complete the course.
- Primary School visits have continued this week. We are delighted to report that all visits have been a resounding success and that the children are looking forward to joining their new schools in September.
- The Transformers had fun matching and sorting this week – using each other’s shoes and socks! Not only did they have to find their own but also their friends belongings too!
- ‘Show and Tell’ has been interesting this week – some interests have been shared and following some great outings at home, photos and experiences have been shared. Imogen’s trip to the Gruffalo Woods in Surrey was caused particular excitement!
- We are winding down now in readiness for the holidays which begin on Monday 18th July – our last day at Pre-School is Friday 15th Next week we look forward to our Pyjama party on Tuesday – ALL children attending on the day may wear pyjamas to Pre-School and we will enjoy a day of activities in celebration of the school leavers.
- If any of the children would like to bring a game to share or a story to be read next week then they may. We all liked the Gruffalo game that Sam remembered to bring and we look forward to more!
- Thank you for your fundraising support. It is my pleasure to report that the Fun Run and the Silent Auction raised a total of £700.00 Huge thanks to all of you who have baked, donated, sponsored or given time and energy to our fundraising – we can’t do it without you.
Next week will be the last newsletter of this school year. We will say our goodbyes then! We are looking forward to welcoming many new children to Pre-School in September and to making new friends.
We will be hosting a coffee morning to welcome you all back and to introduce new families to each other. The next school year is already looking like a busy one and we are all looking forward to Checkendon Pre-School continuing to go from strength to strength.
Many thanks again for your continuing support. We will be circulating a questionnaire next week for completion. Please kindly complete and return to enable us to iron out any creases and continue to provide more of what you all enjoy.
With kind regards,
Nina, Liz and Kelly.
What a successful year our ladies and the preschool have had. We would like to thank them for the nurturing environment that they create enabling our children to learn, grow and thrive.
As the transformers head off to pastures new the committee would like to thank every parent for supporting our preschool either by providing snacks, or cake or volunteering at the run. Everything you have done has been valuable to our children and their future.
Our success in the run has meant that we have raised over £700 to be spent on new equipment for the school – watch this space. The ladies are generating their extensive shopping list as we speak.
Happy holidays and looking forward to seeing you all next year
The Checkendon Pre-School CIO Committee.